Monday, January 15, 2007

Tom

Overview

I have come to the realisation that I like designing furniture. I spent the last year undertaking projects that were as far removed from furniture as I could manage and learnt a lot in the process. The output however, in terms of actual physical artefacts worthy of exposure, was frustratingly minimal. This year I have decided to focus primarily on an area I feel passionate about and that satisfies my creative urges.

Having said that, I’m still keeping my mind open to alternative avenues of creative expression.


Projects:

Polyprop Rope

Investigating the properties and potential of polypropylene rope as a material for the production of furniture. Sponsorship for rope secured from Cosalt.

ETA: 23 Feb 2007.

Concertina Chair

Part of a collaboration begun last year with a student from constructed textiles department. Still a lot of work to be done as regards design of the chair.

ETA: TBC

Other projects in the pipeline and will evolve as and when.