Monday, January 15, 2007

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
















This is just an amazing image!


Below my story. Its a start to sharpen my position and at this moment already is not accurate anymore but still represents the basics of my plan.



For the next six weeks I want to:
- Set the definitive shape of the catching foam.
- In the first two weeks make loads of experiments that lead to new stuf to work on.
- Desing, look at the things I'm working on and how to put t hem together, how do I creat my world in this show?!
- Keep sharpening my text.
- This doesn't look like much of a planning but I think After the two or three first weeks there will be much more detaild description posible.



RCA Graduation 2007
Bas Kools, 07 January, 2007
Edit: 15 JAnuary, 2007

Tactile environment

Explanation and intent / concept en context

This project is all about the will to control, fear to be touched and the object. It will show a way of amazing environments that reminds to something forgotten.

In our contemporary human world is little room for emotion and spontaneity, it’s cold, sometimes harsh and most of all it’s a distant world. In my opinion there’s a large grey area, a world with little imagination. Not only the objects that surround us give little reason for inspiration, also the way we experience these things are far from inspiring. Everything is fixed, controlled, comes in a standard model, prefabricated and/or is secured and safe.

From my point of view the cause of this uninspiring world lies in the fact that we try to exclude ourselves from the real world by creating our own human world within. Nature, environment, life, these words are things people try to control; removing it usually does the job. Towards an anonymous clean world based on the economics of fear. I can’t live like this. I need to see life, diversity, surprises, excitement, etc. etc. I want to feel, smell, taste, experience authenticity and originality.

This Project is about my view on the world and design. I don’t like the static ness, amount of control and lack of imagination. I believe in people and their creativity, but in this situation everyone will just become numb and grey staring straight without looking at you. This project is creating an environment that simulates the jungle of my imagination.

Imagine this place where you have to watch your step, look around, pay attention. Where things are alive, and moving, and where you are a player instead of a ruler. It is a jungle where you have to survive. So better be aware of the things that grab, hold and touch you, but do not fear to touch. Don’t be afraid for what you see and feel, better enjoy every bit of it.

Products ?!
These are objects like e.g. chairs, curtains, and other things that have a motion, interactive or self-operating. Touch and interaction is my main interest. Products that perform on their own or when used. A tactile, interactive environment. Inside

The capturing foam will be in a different form. This is where I’m working on at the moment. Other stuff is experiments with other capturing furniture and at the moment starting experiments in other materials with foam and/or the vacuum technique. This involves at this moment paper, plastics and ceramics. Looking at structures textures change of shapes by vacuuming.